In a global economy of intense competition and accelerating technical advancements, companies must maintain an edge to stay ahead of their competition. Check out each section below to see why so many industry leaders are choosing to partner with K-State. Want to inqure about our space or tap into our vast research network? Partner with us!
With over 20,000 students currently enrolled at Kansas State University, imagine the possibilities!
Access to student talent is a top priority for companies that partner with universities across the U.S. Startups and large international corporations alike are making strides in technology advancement and streamlined recruitment by capturing top-notch students as they emerge and creating a natural progression from intern to full-time employee.
Tap into this exceptional talent pool that includes students from:
- 250 undergraduate academic programs
- 110 graduate academic programs
- Fort Riley’s transitioning military personnel
Want to learn more about our incredible local talent? Click HERE for more information!
“This is a win-win for Kansas State University and AvaTekh. Our students get an opportunity to work on industry-relevant research problems, while AvaTekh gets an opportunity to tap the knowledge base at the university to further enhance its intellectual capital."
Bala Natarajan, K-State professor of electrical and computer engineering
Expert faculty conduct crucial research in the university's more than 90 research centers. State of the art facilities support the multi-disciplined research needs of both established and emerging private and public organizations.
Locating your company at K-State Office Park offers a variety of opportunities that are unattainable for most companies.
- The Manhattan campus partners with the U.S. Armed Forces in the first-of-its-kind Office of Military and Veteran Affairs.
- The Kansas State Polytechnic campus out of Salina, Kansas is the first entity in the country to receive approval from the Federal Aviation Administration to provide unmanned aircraft system (UAS) commercial flight training to both students and outside companies.
- The KSU Global Campus has brought accessible and affordable education options to adult learners at a distance for over 50 years, featuring international connections and partnerships with 20 countries across the globe.
- Year-round internships with students working on real-world projects can help you accelerate innovation and reduce costs. Student interns can also help discover solutions in a new way, allowing you to connect your products and services with a younger audience.
"We usually have summer internships where students work fulltime on a project, and what we've found is that at the end of the summer, we wanted to keep them working. So by having an office close to the campus, students could still work part-time while they were going to school, allowing us to keep their involvement on our projects."
Jeff Kacirek, Software Engineering Manager, Garmin
The best way to see what makes our community and its partnerships so unique is to experience it first-hand. You will be able to meet with area leaders, tour state-of-the-art facilities, see our great quality of life & housing options, and learn more about the Manhattan area’s deep workforce talent pool. Visit www.pickmanhattan.com for more info.
About Manhattan, Kansas
The Little Apple®. One look and you can tell we're ripe for growth - yours and ours. We say that because no other location can offer more of what matters to your growing company.
First, there's financial support in the form of investment capital and incentives. When it comes to research, Kansas State University leads the nation in many key areas, to include a constantly renewing pool of top young talent. Your business will also benefit from a regional infrastructure made up of some of the strongest and most diverse companies in the world.
Finally, that strength and diversity carries over to the city and the people of Manhattan, recently ranked second in the "2018 100 Best Places to Live in the United States". To coordinate these assets and make them accessible to select business owners and professionals, we've created KBED, Manhattan's Knowledge Based Economic Development partnership. We are committed to doing everything necessary so you'll pick Manhattan to succeed in your area of expertise.